www.linkedin.com/in/melaniederrjohnson/ | 214.250.6891 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Consultant, Market Research
- Currently providing consulting services as a subcontractor in Market Research and Strategic Planning on a project basis. Assignments utilize many of the skills listed in previous position including consulting, research design, moderating, analysis of research findings, report writing, presentation and strategic planning.
Associate, Market Research
- Consulted with major pharmaceutical and biotech clients to fully explore opportunities and challenges faced in the marketplace, optimizing strategic planning and leading to informed business decisions.
- Collaborated to identify and address clients’ key marketing questions, then collected bids from various vendors to create custom cost/research proposals to maximize both client and internal resources, timelines and budgets.
- Designed and conducted custom research utilizing a full range of data gathering techniques. Primary specialty was qualitative research, but also conducted larger scale quantitative work.
- Developed an intimate understanding of products, markets and business objectives to not only provide relevant research results, but also integrate insightful and actionable recommendations customized to client needs.
- Presented research results and recommendations to relevant decision-makers ranging from product and brand management, to marketing and advertising agency teams, up to C-level executives.
- Conducted many different types of marketing research projects at all stages of a product's lifecycle, both in the US and internationally.
- Selected and managed a broad range of various external vendors and subcontractors from multiple nationwide markets and chosen on a per project basis.
- New product concept evaluation
- Key opinion leader/clinical investigator research
- Labeling research
- Market strategy development
- Product package evaluation; development & evaluation of drug administration devices
- Product launch evaluation & planning (positioning, messaging & creative concept testing)
- Advertising & sales collateral testing (brand & corporate)
- Post launch tracking of attitude & usage
- Patient compliance & persistence
- Patient support programs
- Customer satisfaction studies
- Customer segmentation studies
- Corporate strategy research (image, sales force, pricing policy)
- Name & logo testing (brand & corporate)
Respondent Types: Physicians, Patients/Consumers, Nursing Professionals, Pharmacy Personnel (Retail and Hospital), Managed Care and Insurance Professionals, Administrators, Clinical Researchers, Key Opinion Leaders
Clientele: Pharmaceutical Manufacturers, Biotechnology Companies, Medical Equipment/Device Manufacturers, Diagnostic Manufacturers, Advertising and Communication Agencies, Healthcare Providers, Clinical Research Organizations, Management Consulting Firms
Owner, Photography & Design
- Established and managed a photography and design company that provides photographic, styling and graphic design services to consumer, business and commercial clientele.
- Employed marketing expertise to apply clients’ desired marketing strategy, desired message and competitive positioning to the design, execution and post-production of commissioned images, thereby establishing/reinforcing brand identity and ensuring consistency across multiple marketing efforts.
- Commercial clients regularly use contributed work to create custom marketing collateral ranging from traditional printed materials to social media features.
- Collaborative relationships with clients have fueled the business, which runs primarily via word-of-mouth referrals.
- Published in over 30 various local, regional, national and international publications as well as two textbooks about photography and design.
Experience: Portraits, headshots, interiors, environmental, editorial, weddings and events. Proficient in Adobe Lightroom, Bridge and Photoshop.
Commercial Clientele: Interior Designers, Artists, Business Executives, Attorneys and Law Offices, Real Estate Professionals, Web Developers, Retailers, Creative Professionals, Physicians, Actors, Manufacturers and Large Corporations
Sample Publications: Dallas Morning News, D Magazine, Dallas Modern Luxury, House Beautiful, Rooms, Outdoor Living, Elle Décor, Cottages & Bungalows, Style Me Pretty, Houzz, HGTV, Apartment Therapy, Decorist and Seventeen
- Designed, conducted and managed custom market research studies for consumer, business and pharmaceutical clients. Received in-depth training in key aspects of primary market research and executed all the steps involved in conducting a research study from design and cost estimates, through analysis, report preparation and client presentation. Managed all of the pharmaceutical and qualitative research business.
Clientele: Fortune 500 companies, representing telecom, healthcare, casual dining restaurants, non-profit agencies, fashion/retail and consumer packaged goods industries.
Junior Researcher & Consultant
- Supported the CEO with custom research projects at this pharmaceutical marketing research consulting firm. Involved throughout the marketing research process. Responsibilities included organization and design of research projects, transcription of focus groups and in-depth interviews, data analysis, reporting and billing. Created and maintained database lists as well as designed and implemented accounting and filing systems.
|Common Ground Partners, Ltd
August 1998-December 2000
- Assisted a group of non-profit physicians, psychologists and communications experts in conducting Patient-Centered Communication seminars and workshops. Applied organizational and communication skills to coordinate faculty, attendees, simulated patients, educational presentations and materials at three successive American Academy of Family Physicians National Conventions.
EDUCATION, PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS & AFFILIATIONS
B.A. with Honors in Mass Communications, University of Missouri-Kansas City (2002)
RIVA Moderator Training; Qualitative Research Consultants Association (QRCA); Pharmaceutical Marketing Research Group (PMRG); Professional Photographers of America (PPA); Wedding and Portrait Professionals International (WPPI)